I had been looking for a new Bible for my daughter Rose, when I received the opportunity to review the NIV Bible for Teen Girls: Growing in Faith, Hope, and Love. Since I had really enjoyed the look of the cover design for the hardcover that I had been offered, I was hopeful that this would make a good new Bible for Rose.
The NIV Bible for Teen Girls: Growing in Faith, Hope, and Love is designed for girls in the age range of 13-18, using the popular, easy-to-read NIV translation. It’s designed, especially for girls, using a lot of pink to highlight verses and to create special insets for devotions and other things. Some of the special features of this Bible are:
- Daily Devotional readings from popular Christian female authors, including Bethany Hamilton, Annie Downs, Christian Caine, and more. These are arranged based on which verses of the Bible the devotion is drawn from. There is also an index at the back of the Bible where you can look up devotions by topic.
- Character profiles of women from the Bible. These profiles include the meanings of their names, more about them and where you can find their story in the Bible.
- Book Introductions that share a couple of paragraphs introducing the book of the Bible and shares a couple of verses that you might recognize from church or other Bible story.
- Highlighted promises of God in pink 🙂
- A concordance to help look up verses by topic.
This is really a lovely Bible to use, and it has a great feel and weight in your hands as you hold it. Rose was excited about all the pink inside the Bible and the pretty look of the Bible, but the pink isn’t overwhelming. It’s probably not a Bible that I would use personally because I like to write in my Bible and there’s not really room in the margins for taking notes. However, for Rose, it’s the perfect Bible for her to carry around and enjoy it being pretty without the Bible having a little kid’s feel to it.
If you think you might be interested in winning this Bible, I am giving a copy away!! Just leave a comment for a chance to win! Giveaway ends October 27, 2015!! (Giveaway is valid in the US and Canada)
Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.