This week we’ve discussed several different prayers that could greatly enhance your homeschooling experience, and today I wanted to share with you one last thing that it’s essential to pray for.
We should pray for opportunities.
I know you’re saying, Huh? Opportunities? What on earth is she talking about?
There are actually several opportunities that we should pray for.
First, we should pray for the opportunity to show our children the gospel. We should pray for the opportunity to lead our children to the Lord. We should pray that they’ll see their own sin, even in the little sins that they commit each day and realize their need for a savior. If we teach them their whole lives, and if we fail at this, we’ve accomplished nothing.
We should be prepared to lead them to that savior. One of the most popular ways to share the gospel is through the Romans Road. I’m going to briefly share here, just in case you’re reading this and aren’t familiar.
These are the steps on the Romans Road.
- Show our children that none of us measure up and that we all need a savior–Romans 3:23
- Show your children the consequences of sin–Romans 6:23
- Tell them about Jesus, how he died for our sins–Romans 5:8
- Show them how we receive eternal life through our faith in Jesus–Romans 10:9-10
- Tell them how our salvation brings us into peace with God–Romans 8:1, 38-39
Another opportunity that we should pray for is the opportunity to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit to them.
What is the fruit of the spirit? Galatians 5:22-23 says,
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
The best way to disciple our children in what the Spirit-led life looks like is to live it out in front of them. Pray for the opportunities to demonstrate the love, peace, gentleness, etc. that God has given you to them. Ask for the opportunities to do ministry in front of them.
If we pass nothing else onto our children, these are the most important things to pass on. I pray that the Lord gives me the opportunity to pass these things on daily, and I hope, if you’re reading this that you will too.
Thanks for stopping by this week and visiting with me. If you’ve missed posts in the series, look on my “5 days of…” dropdown menu at the top, and you’ll find the landing page for “Five days of Essential Homeschool Prayers.”
This post is part of the Schoolhouse Review Crew 5 Days of Homeschooling Essentials Blog Hop. Just click here to visit the whole list, or on one of the blog links below to get started.
1. Marcy @ Ben and Me
2. Lisa @ Golden Grasses
3. Tess @ Circling Through This Life
4. Victoria @ Homemaking with Heart
5. Kayla @ The Arrowood Zoo
6. Joelle @ Homeschooling for His Glory
7. Deanna @ His Treasure Seekers
8. Melissa @ Grace Christian Homeschool
9. Beth @ Ozark Ramblings
10. Rebecca @ Raventhreads (You are here!)
11. Laura @ Day by Day in Our World