I can’t believe that it’s already April. This morning I started my day by checking on the chrysalises that our caterpillars had made and looking outside where a rainy Easter has turned into a sunny morning. I haven’t told my kids that it’s April Fool’s Day. I’m kind of hoping that they don’t remember. 🙂
Here is my list of thankful things for this week:
150. A new Bible study workbook
151. A moment when the boys were asleep and it was just Owlet, Rose and I in the living room 🙂
152. Five hours uninterrupted sleep
153. The way God always takes care of us
154. My Kindle
155. This quote by Craig Groeschel: “To cultivate an attitude of gratitude, we should turn everything good in out lives into an opportunity to worship.”
156. That Christ is the one who gives me the strength to be content with both the good and the bad situations in my life (Phil. 4:11-13)
157. My kids love each other.
158. Easter egg hunting
159. Enjoying my children
160. A relaxing bath
161. That it’s not about being right. It’s about trying to do the right things.
162. Sunday’s Coming!
163. Chocolate!! (And the kids are eating their chocolate bunnies as part of breakfast this morning as I write this 🙂 )
164. Watching Caillou and Dora the Explorer with Owlet. I’m so thankful that I’ve gotten to go through this toddler stage four times!
165. How he loves us…and our church choir sang this on Easter Sunday
166. It will take us years to learn as much as Firecracker wants to know about all the things he wants to learn about…and he adds new interests daily. I’m so glad he has a love of learning.
167. Revisiting this verse that I memorized last year: “Let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.” (Amos 5:24)
168. The way Owlet wakes up, casually walks up to me, and then starts eating off my breakfast plate.
Well, there’s a lot more that I could add, but my children have started playing some sort of ball game in my living room, and I’m about to interrupt them for our Bible time 🙂